The publication MYIA is devoted to the dissemination of research and other information on flies (Diptera). The series was established by Paul H. Arnaud, Jr., and supported in part by the California Academy of Sciences. The series is now jointly published by the North American Dipterists' Society, with individual volulmes edited and produced either by Paul H. Arnaud, Jr. at San Francisco or by F. Christian Thompson at Washington, D.C.
Volumes 1-6 of MYIA were produced and distributed by Paul Arnaud from San Francisco, with the following volumes published:
- Volume 1: A Catalog of the Types of Diptera in the Collection of the California Academy of Sciences, 1979
- Volume 2: Charles Howard Curran (1894-1972), 1981
- Volume 3: Contributions to the Study of Tabanidae (Diptera) in Honor of Cornelius Beck Philip, 1985
- Volume 4: Autobiographical Anecdotes (I Was a Preacher's Kid) by E.L. Kessel, 1989
- Volume 5: Miscellaneous Contributions, 1990 and 1994
- Volume 6: Miscellaneous Contributions, 2001
The above published and Volume 7 and 8 in preparation will be distributed by the Department of Entomology, California Academy of Science, 875 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, telephone 1-415-321-8330, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volumes 1-3 and 6 are in stock, while volumes 4 and 5 are out of print (a few copies of 4 and 5 may be available from the North American Dipterists' Society). Donations may be made to the Myia Fund at the California Academy of Sciences towaqrds the publication costs of volume 8, with checks made payable to Myia Fund, California Academy of Sciences and mailed to the Department of Entomology, California Academy of Science, 875 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
Volumes 9 though 12 of MYIA, sponsored by the North American Dipterists' Society and edited by F. Christian Thompson, were printed and are distributed by Backhuys Publishers b.v., P.O. Box 321, 2300 AH Leiden, the Netherlands, telephone 31-71-517-0208, fax 31-71-517-1856, email email@example.com. The following volumes have been published between 1998 and 2001:
- Volume 9: Fruit Fly Expert Identification and Systematic Information Database, 22 Feb 1999, ISBN 90-5782-013-7 (download pdf file, Size 5,010 KB)
- Volume 10: Family-Group Names in Diptera and Bibliography, 15 March 1999, ISBN 90-5782-026-9 (download pdf file, Size 2,620 KB)
- Volume 11: A World Catalog of the Stratiomyidae (Insecta: Diptera), 2001, ISBN 90-5782-083-8
Volume 12, with Contributions to the BioSystematic Database of World Diptera, is in preparation.